How to Wear Circle Lenses?
Note: Remember to soak the lens in solutions for at least 8 hours before wearing!
- Wash your hand thoroughly before wearing circle lens
- Rinse and dry your hand using a lint – free towel
- Put the circle lens on your palm
- You have to make sure that the lens is not flipped inside out – The lens is inside out if the edges flare up slightly
- Next, place it on your forefinger
- By using another hand, pull the edge of your upper and lower eyelid (to reduce blinking)
- Look up and place the circle lens on your sclera (white of the eye)
- Look downward to reposition the lens
- Remove your hand from pulling the edge of your upper and lower eyelid
- Close your eyes for a moment
- After inserting the lens back in your eyes, you have to rinse the case
- If your eyes get itchy, blur or become red, quickly see your optometrist
- If circle lens slides under your eyelid or displaced, look in the opposite direction and nudge it with your finger on your lid towards the pupil of your eye
How to Remove Circle Lenses?
- Wash your hand thoroughly before removing circle lens, it is better if you use fragrance-free soap
- Your circle lens is supposed to be in the centered before removing it.
- Pull the edge of your upper and lower eyelid (to reduce blinking)
- Squeeze your circle lens gently
- Remove the circle lens
Storing Contact Lens
- Put 3 or 4 drop of multiple purpose solution into lens case
- Put the circle lens on the palm of your hand
- Drop 2 or 3 of the solution on the lens, it is recommended to rub soft lenses in solution for 20 seconds, this will help removing germs but don’t overdo because you might torn the lens.
- Place your circle lens into lens case
- Later, after you wear the lens, throw away the solution in the case and replace it with fresh solution before your store your lens again
- Soak the lens in multi-purpose solutions will disinfect the contact lens
- Store contact lens case at room temperature
- Ensure that the caps of lens case is close tightly when not in use
- Circle lens and lens’ case need frequent cleaning to avoid contamination
- Clean every day, even for extended-wear lenses. Remove protein every two weeks.
- When you feel dry or discomfort while wearing circle lenses, use saline solutions or lubricating eye drops.
Things you can’t do:
Don’t put damaged circle lens in your eyes because this will damage your cornea
Don’t wash your circle lenses using tap water as this may cause contacts with germs. Always use multipurpose solution to clean the lenses and change your solution in the storage every day to avoid germs growing .For the same reason, change your circle lenses case every three months.
Don’t apply makeup before inserting your circle lens
Don’t use saline to disinfect and soak your lens
Don’t allow soaps, cosmetics, etc. to reach with your circle lens
Don’t mix lens with saliva
Don’t mix different brand of solution
Don’t share your lens with other people
Don’t repeatedly take your lens in and out throughout the day
Don’t rinse or store circle lens in water (tap or sterile water)
Don’t sleep with your lenses in to avoid corneal ulcers and eye infections
Don’t wear lenses for more than 8 hours.
Don’t wear lenses if you are going for a swim or sauna
Do not open your eyes during the usage of aerosol spray.
To avoid eye infections, use only Left lens for left eye and Right lens for right eye. Most of lenses cases will be mark either outside or inside the lenses storage with letter L for left and R for right. In certain cases, an individual may have different prescriptions for different eyes, and these indicators will avoid any mix up when storing or using the lenses.
If the lenses cases did not provide left and right indicators, please use creative means, to label them.
If your eyes feel dry, Use eye drops to moisturize dry eyes such as Rohto Lycee eye drops but in a proper portion.
Store the lenses in room temperature.
Remove lenses if you feel any forms of discomforts.
Q: Can i soak the lens in saline?
No. Saline is not meant to disinfect circle lens. Saline is just for rinsing. You should soak your circle lens in multi-purpose disinfect solutions eg. Alcon Opti-Free, Clean Clear, Bausch & Lomb, ReNu, Complete, etc. But remember NOT to mix different brand of multi-purpose solutions.
Q: Why my visions become blur when i wear circle lens?
Certain brands or designs may give you blurry image at the edge of your sight. This is considered normal. The lenses may have maximize the color for maximum impact to the design.Your vision will improve as you adapted to the lenses.
Reaction of first time circle lens use include; tearing, redness and sensitivity to light, itchiness, increased blinking and movement of the lens. As your eyes adapt to wearing lenses, these symptons will gradually diminish.
Q: How often should i change the lens case?
It is recommened to change your lens case every 3 months to minize the bacteria infection in the case.
Q: How to get rid of the protein?
Washing your lenses with tap water can cause infections to your eyes and also damage the lenses.